Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. Now, you may subscribe to the line of thinking that Valentine’s Day is a commercial racket and take no part in it.
That’s totally fine, unless your spouse doesn’t agree… then you’re kind of on the hook to participate. So what to get your Valentine who loves to garden or who is looking to get started? Here are some great Valentine’s Day gift ideas for the gardener in your life!
Valentine’s Day Gifts for Gardeners
While I love flowers and chocolate, trust me, they are some of my favorite things, they unfortunately get played out a bit this time of year. If your valentine loves these things (or expects them) then don’t fix what’s not broken; keep at it!
This post may contain affiliate links, which simply means I may earn a commission off of links at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my site!
But if you’re looking for some fresh ideas for the gardener (or want-to-be gardener) in your life, then I have some great suggestions for you!
Valentine’s Gift Ideas
- Earth Box- This is truly a gift that keeps on giving. I received one for Christmas many years ago, and it’s been a hit in the garden. It comes with instructions on how to grow just about any vegetable, including exactly where to put the plants. (See my Earthbox Review here!)
It also has wheels, so it can be easily moved and a covering so you don’t have to worry about weeding. This is perfect for a beginning gardener or someone who doesn’t have any extra room in the garden but wants to add a few more things.
- Crabtree and Evelyn Gardeners Hand Care– Gardening can be tough on the hands, even if you wear gloves. Help your favorite gardener pamper his or her skin with this cute mini-kit by Crabtree and Evelyn. It has a lovely light scent, and it won’t break the bank!
- Copper Plant Tags (6-pack)– Every Spring I end up sticking those little white plastic labels in the ground to mark what I’ve planted, but why not help your gardener label in style? These lovely reusable copper labels come with stands and can be rewritten on each year. What a fun addition to the garden!
- Kitchen Garden Planner– Is your valentine a burgeoning gardener and also a bit type-A? Then consider my new kitchen garden planner that will help gardeners of all types get organized and planned for their best garden year yet!
- Gorilla Cart– I received a Gorilla Cart for Mother’s Day a few years ago, and I LOVE IT! The cart can easily be pulled around the yard (no balancing like a wheelbarrow), and the dump cart makes it easy to empty the cart. Such a great gift!
- Roo Apron– Another gift I’ve actually received myself is the Roo Apron, perfect for harvesting and carrying around all of your garden tools and suppies. This apron clips together to form a pouch, then unclips for easy emptying. Plenty of pockets!
Indoor Gardening Gifts
- Aerogarden Indoor Hydroponic Garden– This indoor gardening kit allows your gardener to grow indoors anytime of year. This set is compact and can sit on any indoor surface. Who wouldn’t want fresh produce year round?
- Indoor Culinary Herb Kit– Give your gardener everything he/she needs to grow herbs indoors any time of year! True Leaf Market has wonderful gardening supplies for all types of gardens.
DIY Valentine’s Gift Ideas
Want to keep things simple this year with homemade gifts? Try these DIY gift ideas to show your Valentine that you love them.
- DIY Tin Succulent Planter (use a tin that has special meaning!)
- Hydro-dipped Terracotta Planters (Beautiful and fun project)
- DIY Mini-Herb Garden (for indoor or outdoor gardening)
So whether your significant other has been knee deep in the dirt for 30-something years, or if they’ve just started thinking about introducing their first potted plant to the house, there are plenty of ideas out there.
Encourage your valentine in their desire to garden; I’m sure they’ll be impressed that you noticed! And you may very well reap the rewards come harvest time. Happy Gardening!