Looking for the best gifts for gardeners? Maybe you know a green thumb who asks for a composter or plants for Christmas, Mother’s Day, or a birthday? (Guilty as charged!)
While it may seem like there aren’t many creative gifts out there for gardeners, there truly are! If you’ve ever wondered what to gift the gardener in your life, I have you covered! It’s the Ultimate Gardener Gift Guide!
Gifts for Gardeners
While plants can be a wonderful gift, chances are your gardening giftee many already have a few of those. Step outside the planter and give them something they may not buy themselves. Whether you’re buying gardening gifts for mom or gardening gifts for dad, these gift ideas will all work!
This post may contain affiliate links, which simply means I may earn a commission off of links at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting my site!
Whether it’s a basket or vase to hold their precious plants or a new addition to the garden space, there are choices to fit all budgets. And 80% of our list comes in at less than $30! That’s a list we can all be happy about.
Most of our list items can be found at Amazon because two-day Prime shipping has changed my life. But if you plan ahead more than I do, then also check out our sweet selections from Magnolia Market, Etsy, and Garden in Minutes (Fast shipping as well!). And without further ado, here are The Kitchen Garten’s Ultimate Gardener Gift Guide for garden gifts this season!
Garden Gifts under $40
- Roo Apron– One of my favorite gardening helps is this all purpose apron that is a gathering apron, tool, holder, and more! It’s perfect for men and women (my dad has a gray one) and is washable and compact! The bottom opens up so your harvest can be easily removed. See the giveaway below!
- Nitrile Coated Garden Gloves– 2 pack (Amazon– $12) I purchased my first pair of these winners at our NC State Fair last year. They are incredibly durable and comfortable to work in. And 2 pairs for $10 is a total bargain!
- Stainless Steel Garden Markers– (Amazon) These brass stainless garden markers are perfect for any herb or vegetable garden. They give a fun and classy touch to any spot indoor or out If you’re looking for handmade markers with more impact, try my DIY Garden Markers.
- Hori Hori Gardening Knife with Sharpening Stone– ($24- Amazon) Perfect for digging, weeding, and cutting, this gardening knife can be easily at hand for quick access. I never realized how useful a small knife could be in the garden, until I finally got one. It’s now an indispensable part of my gardening tool kit.
- Flora Macrame Hanger– ($25- Magnolia Market) What better way to display your indoor plants than with a beautiful hanger. This beautifully woven hanger goes with any decor! A plant lover or someone who likes to display flowers or succulents would be in heaven with this gift. And it’s less than $30!
- Garden Themed Shirts and Hoodies- Over in my Kitchen Garten Shop, there are several hoodies and shirts to show off any one’s love for gardening!
- Kitchen Garden Planner: Want to keep track of what you do and try in the garden? With lists and tools to keep your organized and motivated, this planner is perfect for beginner and advanced gardeners alike.
- Square-Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholemew- ($13- Amazon) This book revolutionized our kitchen garden. We gave up row gardening 8 years ago in favor of square foot raised beds and have never gone back. An excellent resource, this book breaks it all down and gives you step-by-step instructions on getting started and maintaining a square-foot garden.
- Goodpick Woven Planter Basket– ($21- Amazon) Natural fibers are super trendy right now, and what better way to bring some into your home than with a woven planter? This affordable basket would make a fantastic gift since it can be used as a planter or simply as a lovely storage basket.
Gifts for Gardeners under $100
- Grid Watering System (Garden in Minutes)– I purchased two of these grid watering systems this year, and I have loved how easy watering my gardens are using these. Easier to install than soaker hoses, these grids come almost full assembled and can be placed right into raised garden beds (or in ground gardens if you like).
- Corinthian Bells Wind Chimes– ($90- Amazon) This is one of the pricier items on the gift lift, but oh so worth it. I received Corinthian Bells as a gift for Mother’s Day back in 2015, and their tone is amazing. Gardening and simply being in the yard is a joy with the soothing tones of wind chimes in the background. Corinthian Bells are perfectly tuned and will be a favorite of any outdoor or garden lover. (Update: They’re still going strong in 2021!)
- Gorilla Garden Dump Cart– ($95- Amazon) This garden work horse is perfect for the gardener who doesn’t want to balance or lift a wheelbarrow. The Gorilla Cart easily lifts to dump out the contents. And its heavy duty tires make it easy to maneuver through the yard and garden.
I personally own a Gorilla Cart (Mother’s Day 2019!) and love that I can haul heavy planters around the yard, and easily dump all kind of yard debris. (Need a smaller cart? Try this one.)
- EarthBox Organic Growing Kit– ($55- Amazon) Whether someone is a gifted gardener who would like to add to his/her garden or a novice, the Earthbox can’t be beat. With specific instructions that make growing vegetables easy and abundant, there’s no better garden gift around. We have two in our garden, and they consistently produce great crops. (I even have a post for why I love Earthbox so much!)
- White Swirling Birds (set of 3)– ($55- Etsy) Love garden art or just want to add some movement to your garden? This set of white swirling birds are beautiful and sure to be a favorite to whatever garden you give them to. I know my mother especially loves garden art that moves with the wind, and these birds will be the perfect garden gift!
- Survival Garden– ($56) Gift someone (or yourself) a complete supply of seeds that are all heirloom. This package contains over 15,000 seeds and 32 different varieties.
Gardener Gifts Under $200
- 16-in-1 Metal Raised Garden Beds– (Garden in Minutes) I love the Garden in Minutes grid watering system, and their new metal raised beds look wonderful as well! Have a garden in a day with one of these beds. They come in various sizes to fit all budgets.
- Liberty Hose Reel Cart– (Amazon) I was given a hose reel cart from Liberty two years ago to try out and review. (You can see my full hose reel cart review here.) I have really enjoyed using the cart, and it has held up remarkably well. It’s also beautiful, which is something I didn’t expect from a hose cart! It would be a wonderful gift for someone who likes lovely, useful things in the yard or garden.
Garden Gifts that Keep Giving
Many of our garden gift list items can easily be used for multiple years or seasons. And you’ll be the super-smart friend/spouse/family member who thought to give a gift that actually interests a gardener.
Interested in making gifts for your garden loving friends? Check out my full post on Handmade Gifts ranging from painted pots to succulent planters!
I’d love to know what your favorite garden gift has been! Comment below and let me (and all the other readers) know. The Corinthian Bells are the winner for me. Have a great week and happy gardening!
Win a Roo Apron for yourself! Enter below!
Tuesday 8th of December 2020
I was disappointed at the fact what you showed as gift idea #7 in the pictures was not listed below.
Tuesday 8th of December 2020
Hi Jean! I'm so sorry. When I updated the post, that was accidentally removed; here's the link (https://amzn.to/36Y20mj) and thanks for letting me know. Have a great week!
Ultimate Gardening Kids Gift Guide- The Kitchen Garten
Monday 4th of December 2017
[…] Shopping for a grown up gardener? Check out our Ultimate Gardener Gift Guide! […]