Looking for the best gifts for gardeners? Maybe you know a green thumb who asks for a composter or plants for Christmas, Mother’s Day, or a birthday? (Guilty as charged!) While it may seem like there aren’t many creative gifts out there for gardeners, there truly are! If you’ve ever wondered what to gift the gardener in your life, I have you covered! It’s the Ultimate Gardener Gift Guide!
Gifts for Gardeners
While plants can be a wonderful gift, chances are your gardening giftee many already have a few of those. Step outside the planter and give them something they may not buy themselves.
Whether it’s a basket or vase to hold their precious plants or a new addition to the garden space, there are choices to fit all budgets. And 80% of our list comes in at less than $30! That’s a list we can all be happy about.
Most of our list items can be found at Amazon because two-day Prime shipping has changed my life. But if you plan ahead more than I do, then also check out our sweet selections from Magnolia Market, Etsy, and Pottery Barn. And without further ado, here are The Kitchen Garten’s Ultimate Gardener Gift Guide for garden gifts this season!
Garden Gifts under $30
- Nitrile Coated Garden Gloves– 2 pack (Amazon– $10) I purchased my first pair of these winners at our NC State Fair last year. They are incredibly durable and comfortable to work in. And 2 pairs for $10 is a total bargain!
- Juvale Brass Herb Garden Markers– (Amazon) These brass herb markers are perfect for any herb garden. They give a fun and classy touch to any spot indoor or our that you have herbs. If you’re looking for larger markers with more impact, try my DIY Garden Markers.
- Hori Hori Gardening Knife with Sharpening Stone– (Amazon) Perfect for digging, weeding, and cutting, this gardening knife can be easily at hand for quick access. I never realized how useful a small knife could be in the garden, until I finally got one. It’s now an indispensable part of my gardening tool kit.
- Kerri Glass Vase– (Magnolia Market) What better way to display your garden goodness than with a beautiful vase. This beautifully shaped vase goes with any decor! A plant lover or someone who likes to display flowers or branches would be in heaven with this gift. And it’s less than $30!
- Garden Themed Shirts and Hoodies- Over in my Kitchen Garten Shop, there are several hoodies and shirts to show off any one’s love for gardening!
- A Year in the Garden: Journal– (Amazon) Want to keep track of what you do and try in the garden? With lists and tools to keep your organized and motivated, this journal is perfect for the planning gardener. And at $19, the price is right!
- Square-Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholemew- (Amazon) This book revolutionized our kitchen garden. We gave up row gardening 8 years ago in favor of square foot raised beds and have never gone back. An excellent resource, this book breaks it all down and gives you step-by-step instructions on getting started and maintaining a square-foot garden.
- Goodpick Woven Planter Basket– (Amazon) Natural fibers are super trendy right now, and what better way to bring some into your home than with a woven planter? This affordable basket would make a fantastic gift since it can be used as a planter or simply as a lovely storage basket.
Gifts for Gardeners under $100
- Corinthian Bells Wind Chimes– (Amazon) This is one of the pricier items on the gift lift, but oh so worth it. I received these Corinthian Bells as a gift for Mother’s Day back in 2015, and their tone is amazing. Gardening and simply being in the yard is a joy with the soothing tones of wind chimes in the background. Corinthian Bells are perfectly tuned and will be a favorite of any outdoor or garden lover.
- Gorilla Garden Dump Cart– (Amazon) This garden work horse is perfect for the gardener who doesn’t want to balance or lift a wheelbarrow. The Gorilla Cart easily lifts to dump out the contents. And its heavy duty tires make it easy to maneuver through the yard and garden. I personally own a Gorilla Cart (Mother’s Day 2019!) and love that I can haul heavy planters around the yard, and easily dump all kind of yard debris. (Need a smaller cart? Try this one.)
- EarthBox Organic Growing Kit– (Amazon) Whether someone is a gifted gardener who would like to add to his/her garden or a novice, the Earthbox can’t be beat. With specific instructions that make growing vegetables easy and abundant, there’s no better garden gift around. We have two in our garden, and they consistently produce great crops. (I even have a post for why I love Earthbox so much!)
- White Swirling Birds (set of 3)– (Etsy) Love garden art or just want to add some movement to your garden? This set of white swirling birds are beautiful and sure to be a favorite to whatever garden you give them to. I know my mother especially loves garden art that moves with the wind, and these birds will be the perfect garden gift!
- Liberty Hose Reel Cart– (Amazon) I was given a hose reel cart from Liberty two years ago to try out and review. (You can see my full hose reel cart review here.) I have really enjoyed using the cart, and it has held up remarkably well. It’s also beautiful, which is something I didn’t expect from a hose cart! It would be a wonderful gift for someone who likes lovely, useful things in the yard or garden.
- Survival Garden– Gift someone (or yourself) a complete supply of seeds that are all heirloom. This package contains over 15,000 seeds and 32 different varieties.
Garden Gifts that Keep Giving
Many of our garden gift list items can easily be used for multiple years or seasons. And you’ll be the super-smart friend/spouse/family member who thought to give a gift that actually interests a gardener.
Interested in making gifts for your garden loving friends? Check out my full post on Handmade Gifts ranging from painted pots to succulent planters!
I’d love to know what your favorite garden gift has been! Comment below and let me (and all the other readers) know. The Corinthian Bells are the winner for me. Have a great week and happy gardening!