Oh, the world of podcasts. The significance of podcasts has exploded in the last 5 years. If there is a topic you’re interested in, chances are there is a podcast that fits your needs. No longer do you have to pay subscription fees to listen to audiobooks. You can have free access to daily or weekly podcasts on a variety of topics.
Blogging is no exception. Over the past few years, I’ve listened to quite a few podcasts hoping to glean some advice on how to run a business online, marketing techniques, or social media help. And through all of that podcast listening, I have heard lots of great advice, and some not so great things as well. Over this last year, I have really narrowed down the podcasts I listen to. There aren’t enough hours in the day to listen to everything. And I’m sure you’d agree that your time is incredibly valuable. So what podcasts are best for bloggers?
The Best Podcasts for Bloggers
We will all gravitate toward podcasters who speak to us and whose content we find valuable. This list of podcasts can differ based on style and how aggressive you want to be in your marketing, or which social media streams work better for your particular blog niche. But I just wanted to share with you the podcasts I have found to be the most beneficial over the years. Full disclosure, there’s actually one podcast in my list that’s newer, but I have really enjoyed the episodes thus far, so I included it in my list.
A Variety of Topics
All of these podcasts have different strengths and you may gravitate toward one or another. Some are overall just encouraging for women who are running businesses or trying to pursue personal goals. Others are specifically about using social media to promote business and how best to do that. And some are specific to bloggers like you and me! The advice that comes from these particular podcasts is from other bloggers. I find it to be so incredibly helpful to hear about the journeys of other bloggers and their experiences. So here are my top five best podcasts for bloggers:
- Goal Digger by Jenna Kutcher. As the name implies, this is all about digging down and reaching goals. Clearly this can be applied to many areas across life, not just blogging, but she has some really excellent guests and really amazing advice. Her podcast typically ranks in the Top 10 Podcasts on iTunes which says a lot about the quality of her content.
- Blogger Genius Podcast with Jillian Leslie. this podcast has been on my radar for a while, but I only started listening to it about a year ago. I have been a Milo Tree user since the beginning of my blogging days, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that the creator of this great tool is the host of this podcast! Jillian has guests each week, all in the blogging field. Some are SEO experts, full-time bloggers, or some kind of expert in social media. Every episode I have listened to has been full of really great information that I have been able to use in my own business.
- Simple Pin Podcast with Kate Ahl. This was hands down the very first podcast I subscribed to when I decided to crack down and really take this blogging thing seriously. It only took me a few months to discover that Pinterest was going to be one of my biggest traffic drivers. In the gardening niche, Pinterest is super helpful. The Simple Pin podcast gives lots of tips and techniques for how to use Pinterest to generate more business. It’s not just about more traffic from Pinterest, but it has many more practical uses. Kate is a fabulous resource on Pinterest in general, and her How to Master Tailwind course has totally revolutionized my weeks by letting me pin things in advance. Now, I don’t have to be on Pinterest each day pinning to stay active. This podcast is a total winner.
- Do It Scared with Ruth Soukup. This is the newer podcast I mentioned above. Though very new to the podcast game, Ruth is a seasoned blogger and business owner. If you seen my post on the best resources for starting a blog, then you probably already know about Ruth’s Elite Blog Academy. This is what really propelled my hobby blog into an actual income-generating business. She brings all of her knowledge and resources about blogging and running a business to her podcast. Ruth has wonderful guests, but even the episodes she hosts herself are inspiring and encouraging for bloggers.
- Business Boutique with Christy Wright. I came across Christy’s podcast by way of Dave Ramsey. We are huge Dave Ramsey fans. And honestly, as a blogger, with so many courses, classes, and groups that you can pay to be a part of, it really does help to have a good background of budgeting. You need to know when you’re overspending to try to make your blog work or when you just need to wait on a purchase until you’ve built up more funds. Christy brings the Dave Ramsey money-mindset to women who own their own businesses, or would like to. She is encouraging, uplifting, and I enjoy hearing her podcast and interviews with other guests on her show.
My hope is you find this list helpful and that you’ll find one or two new podcasts in this list that will benefit you and your business. Not every podcast is perfect for everyone, and I’m always on the hunt for fresh ideas. If you have a podcast you enjoy listening to, that encourages you in your blogging business, I’d love to hear about it in the comments. Have a great week!